Thursday, October 28, 2010

God Can Be Playful

Just a short reminder to myself that God will provide everything we need for the adoption. I'm shooting a video for the kids this week about trusting God to meet our needs. In the "What Does That Mean to Me" segment, I told the kids about times when Brenda and I were in seminary and God provided food when we had run out and money for rent when we didn't know how we'd pay it. Friends would just show up with food, or an envelope would arrive in the mail with the exact amount we needed. We didn't know who sent it, but we gave God glory for meeting our every need. Just as I finished editing that video segment, Scott brought in money from some Beatles dolls I had asked him to sell for me on eBay. The amount covered a bill we received last night for the doctor's consultation fee (+$15). Sometimes I feel like God just wants to see our faces when he brings things together like that. Our verse for the week is "God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." -2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment