Friday, February 18, 2011

FAITH LIKE A CHILD

Waiting is one of the hardest things to do. We've tried to stay busy by painting Katie's room, decorating, and putting her furniture together. Still, there is a helpless feeling that goes along with waiting. This week we finally received some news. Our Article 5 letter should arrive at the China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) today. The Article 5 letter was issued by the US Consulate on Wednesday. It states that we are "suitable adoptive parents" and that Katie will be "allowed to enter and permanently reside in the United States." In two to six weeks, the CCAA should be issuing our Travel Approval (TA). As soon as it is received we can plan the trip to China to bring Katie home! This news has made everything feel very real. We are really going to China and coming home with our little girl!
On Wednesday we received an estimate on travel costs (approximately $10,000) and I'll be honest... I freaked out a little bit. Brenda and Bryan get to see me at my best and at my worst, so in the midst of my sticker shock, Bryan said matter-of-factly "God has provided everything so far. He'll take care of that too." Bryan didn't try to figure out exactly where the money would come from. He didn't worry about how quickly the funds would be needed. He just had faith. His faith isn't blind, though. We've seen God do amazing things all along this journey. Bryan simply trusted that God would continue to act in the same way and finish what He started. I have a lot to learn from my son. One day I hope my faith is as simple and strong as his.

No comments:

Post a Comment